Energy Geostructures (EGs) are a breakthrough innovative solution for heating and cooling of building and infrastructures exploiting a renewable and low environmental impact source from the ground, i.e. geothermal energy, thus reducing the overall costs compared to traditional superficial heat exchangers.
EGs have the double and integrated role of providing both support to any type of structure in the form of piles, walls, slabs, anchors, tunnels lining and geothermal heat exchanger role with the ground by means of particular pipes installed inside the structures. A thermovector fluid circulating into the pipes is then able to maximize the heat exchange.
Geosolving thanks to the long and pioneering experience in the field of EGs and thanks to the close collaboration with Prof. M. Barla research team from Politecnico di Torino, holder of the ENERTUN and the GEOTHERMSKIN patent, is able to thoroughly support public and private clients (building contractors, construction companies, engineering and architecture firms) for the following aspects:
- Consulting: we provide the best solutions for geothermal energy exploitation through EGs.
- Analysis: we can predict the behaviour of geo-structures and geo-materials by using the most advanced state-of-the-art 2D and 3D analytical and numerical methods.
- Design: our expertise and experience support the clients from the preliminary assessment and the tender documents up to the thermal, mechanical design and the final EGs construction stages.
- Testing: we are able to perform laboratory and on-site tests to assess the thermal and mechanical properties both of the EGs materials and of the soil.
- Monitoring: we improve the structural and heat exchangers performances to their optimal condition throughout operation using real time monitoring systems.
The main advantages when using EGs are:
- Renewable energy source able to provide up to 100% of the heating/cooling buildings demand;
- Innovative Green Technology;
- Contribute to reduce CO2 emissions;
- Minimum additional costs for implementation;
- Little structural changes required;
- High economic benefit in operation.
For the development of the EGs market in Europe, Geosolving has activated an international partnership with Expertizare and Termoline.